How We Are Different
Before Hiring an Estate Planning Lawyer, Understand the Difference
At Morgan Law Group we make the entire estate planning process about you… your goals, your dreams, and the protection you want for yourself and your loved ones.
Our emphasis is on planning for the inevitable changes in life, not just what happens when you pass away.
We understand you are BUSY, you are growing, you are planning for a life of prosperity and you value ease, convenience and efficiency.
You want to know you’ve made the best decisions for yourself and your loved ones and that your plan will work when you need it most. You want to make sure you and those you love would be taken care of in the best way possible if anything happens to you.
That is our focus as well.
Many estate planning lawyers focus only on what happens at death. You might be familiar with the traditional experience: you have an attorney draft your estate plan—it’s presented in a nice fancy binder—you put it away on a shelf—it gathers dust over the years—you vaguely recall having to update beneficiaries but never get around to it—and 10 years pass without you thinking about it again.
During those 10 years, life changes. The law may have even changed. You wonder, is my estate plan going to work, are there gaps?
That’s why we have systems in place to continue our relationship with clients instead of a one-time transaction. We openly and happily communicate with clients about their estate planning questions as they go through life.
Here are Some of the Ways We Are Different from Most Other Estate Planning Lawyers
- All of our estate planning fees are fixed fees agreed to in advance. At our initial meeting you will choose the level of planning and fee that works best for your family, so there will never be any surprises.
- We keep you informed and make sure your plan works. We don’t just prepare a set of legal documents for you and send you on your way. We make sure your assets are owned in the right way, we make sure your kids’ well-being is properly planned for, we ensure those you’ve named in your plan know what to do if anything happens to you.
- We review your plan every 3 years through our free 3-Year Service package. We foster a lifetime, ongoing relationship with our clients. Throughout your life, things change. You change; your assets change; your family changes; the law will definitely change. When planning with us, we have systems in place to ensure your plan will keep up with those changes.
- We have a whole team in place to answer your quick questions and to make the planning process incredibly easy and painless for you and your family. We have a process for helping you make sure that your assets are titled in the right way, both now and over your lifetime.
- We help you get your legal and financial house in order by helping you make the very best decisions.
- If you have minor children, we have special planning to ensure they are never raised by anyone you wouldn’t want or taken into the care of strangers. And, if your children are adults, we address their continuing needs for asset protection and build that into your estate plan with care and forethought that most other lawyers simply do not have the training to do.
- We believe that planning is about much more than just the transfer of your financial wealth and personal belongings. It’s also about capturing and translating who you are and what’s important to you- your values, insights, stories and experience.
Before you engage an estate planning lawyer to help you plan for the well‐being of your money, your family and your life, there are questions you need to ask. You need to ensure that the estate plan you put in place will really work when your family needs it and won’t end up just a pile of worthless paper after you are gone.
If instead what you want is to have the confidence that you’ve got a plan in place that will truly work when your family needs it, and keep the people you love out of court, out of conflict, and your assets out of the hands of the government, then we might be the right fit for you.
We know you are busy and promise to make the process as simple and easy for you as possible. See just how easy it can be to plan well for everyone you love and everything you own.
I imagine at this point you may be thinking, ‘Well this sounds good, but it sounds like it might be expensive.’ And frankly, doing a proper estate plan is substantially less costly than it would be for your family if you died with a plan that didn’t work or if you didn’t have a plan in place at all. I’ve never had a family who believed in this kind of planning and wanted to put it in place leave my office because they couldn’t afford it. We’ve made creative financing available to our clients because we know that this planning is the foundation for a life of success!