If you are a parent of young children who are counting on you, your estate plan must begin with a foundation that ensures your children would always be taken care of by the right people, in the way you want, no matter what happens.
At Morgan Law Group, one of our areas of greatest expertise is in planning for the well-being and care of the children you love-- all the way from newborn to young adults, and all the way through adulthood if your child has a special need.
Without Proper Planning, Here's What Could Happen
- Your children could be placed into the care of strangers while the authorities figure out what to do (yes, even if you have a will in place and even if you have a living trust). It’s true that this would likely only be temporary, but trust us: you never want your children in the arms of strangers, not even for a minute.
- A judge who doesn’t know you or your family will decide who will raise your kids, even if it is the last person you would ever want.
- Your family could get into a long drawn-out custody fight or there could be a challenge to the guardians you have designated.
- Up to 5% of the value of your assets could be lost to court costs and other unnecessary fees through the probate process, a court process that can tie up your assets for years and deprive your kids of the resources they need to live comfortably.
- When your kids turn age 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left, no matter how immature they might be or what financial lessons they have not had a chance to learn yet.
- Unscrupulous people search the public court records to find out when 18-year olds are getting their inheritance check
- Unfortunately, the vast majority of estate planning attorneys do not address these issues and do not plan from a parent's perspective.
Yes, these things are scary.
At Morgan Law Group we have dedicated our life’s work to making sure these things don’t happen! And that’s why we offer a Kids Protection Plan with every estate plan we do for families with young children.
Our Kids Protection Plan begins the foundation to all the planning we do; it is many different legal documents that all work together as a coordinated emergency plan, carefully designed to ensure that your children will always remain in the custody of loved ones that you choose.
Leave Your Loved Ones a Gift Far Greater Than All the Money in the World if the Unthinkable Happens by having both a Family Estate Plan and a Kids Protection Plan and a trusted family attorney your loved ones can turn to during an emergency.