As estate planning and elder law attorneys, our practice is dedicated to serving our most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, those who are ill, disabled, experiencing mental health challenges and children with special needs.
We deeply understand the anxiety and hardships that the current coronavirus outbreak is causing to everyone in our community.
We have also heard from many people who want to talk to our lawyers about creating a will, trust, power of attorney, healthcare directive, etc.—just in case– but they need more flexible options for doing so (for example, some of our families have loved ones in nursing homes who can no longer leave).
Here is what we are doing as a firm to make sure that you can get your questions answered and get your affairs in order in a safe and easy way:
- We are keeping our office as sanitized as possible. For those who can make it in to see us, rest assured that we are dedicated to keeping our office a safe space to protect our most vulnerable clients.
- We are waiving our consultation fee. We know that you have questions and perhaps you are worried about getting sick or winding up in the hospital for any length of time without a legal plan for your family and assets in place. To help remove any obstacles to getting your affairs in order, we are waiving the fee for our initial consultations until April 15th.
- Phone, Skype or Webinar meetings are available. Thanks to technology, we have flexible options to meet with your family virtually in the event that you do not feel comfortable coming into the office or if you are under a quarantine.
- We can come to YOU. In limited situations, we are available to make house visits or visits to hospitals and nursing homes to help you put a plan in place or have documents signed.
- If you are sick or symptomatic… please stay home. Again, we can meet with you virtually or reschedule at your convenience. We have also created flexible arrangements for our employees so they can also work from home if they are not feeling well for everyone’s safety.
Please know that your family’s health, comfort, and safety are our TOP priority. We are here to support you in any way necessary. Simply hit “reply” or call the office to let us know how we can help.